Fees and Services
I will always provide a fixed and competitive fee quote in advance.
I charge £105 for the first document to be signed and £25 for each additional signatory or document thereafter. For company documents or those which require more time spent than normal I may charge additional fees of £40 for each additional document rather than £25. I may charge less or give a discount in certain circumstances. I am not registered for VAT so no VAT will be charged.
If you would like me to arrange for legalisation I charge £50.00 and will make all of the necessary arrangements for you on your behalf.
The current fee at the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office is £30.00 or £75.00 for the expedited service.
I will charge for disbursements on top of my fees such as postage, FCDO fees, Consular fees and agent’s fees.
Payment can be made by bank transfer, cheque or cash. Documents will not be released until payment has been made in full.
Generally speaking, a matter will proceed as follows:
- Enquiry by phone or email. Initial advice and an estimate of costs provided.
- I will ask you to supply electronic copies of the documents and correspondence so that I can view them and see what needs to be done.
- If necessary, I will provide a more accurate quote and an indication of availability and timescale.
- An appointment will be set up between us at a convenient time. I will outline exactly what you need to bring to the meeting.
- I will carry out verification and checks as well as considering any drafting amendments that are required.
- We will meet, bringing your photo identification and proof of address to the appointment and any documents left UNSIGNED.
- I will complete my notarial certificate. This will generally be at the meeting but occasionally the documents may have to be returned to you at a later date.
- If you have instructed me to obtain an apostille, I will do so. Legalisation can take between 2 days to several weeks depending on what is required but I will advise you on the timescale in your matter.
- I will email my invoice to you for payment usually in advance of our meeting or shortly thereafter for payment ideally by bank transfer. I will always email you my terms of business in advance. The invoice will usually be sent by email in advance or at our meeting.